Friday, June 18, 2010

Style: Matt Bernson Sandals, Now Those Are Some Happy Feet

Every spring I shuffle to my closet only to find that last year's summer shoes have been beaten to a pulp from being tirelessly worn the previously hot, sweaty summer. Yes, there are thousands of beautiful sandals to choose from, and yet, unlimited options are not what keeps me from buying them. I dread purchasing new summer shoes for one reason: PAIN.

Eventually, I decide on a couple chic, shiny, handsome pairs that look particularly divine on display in the store. Like clockwork, I cram my feet into the strappy sandals determined to break them in despite the protests from my feet. After a long winter of boot and sock wearing, my soft skinned, slightly fatter, overly spongy feet don’t appreciate my sense of humor when adorned with my latest summer duds. When nursing my blisters and sores after a days worth of wearing, I curse the days the sandal was ever born. When it came to my piggies, I thought that every summer for the rest of my life would consist of the “no pain, no gain” theory, until I found Matt Bernson!

Matt Bernson sandals are comfortable and stylish. My feet are totally in love. His shoes are a bit higher priced than your average strappy shoes but are well worth the purchase. Each shoe is hand-crafted in Brazil and has a comfy-cushy foot bed, beautiful detailing, and is made from gorgeous leather. Best of all, after my first summer, city walk, my feet were not even red, let alone raw and blistered. It’s no surprise that his most popular shoe is properly named The Love Sandal because they've given my piggies something to rejoice about. Details: www.mattbernson.com


Email this article!

0 comments:

Adventure (26) Gastronomy (38) Obsession (39) Style (26)

About Mod City Mom

After becoming mothers, sisters Sarah Romine and Leah Weyandt wanted to marry the activities and interests that they experienced before motherhood with their new found lives with children. This was not always an easy task—traveling to obscure places, shopping at off-beat boutiques, and sipping lazy-afternoon cocktails doesn't always fit neatly with parenthood. Stemming from their frustration, they meticulously searched, and continue to search, for activities, establishments, and entertainment that they take pleasure in and their families benefit from. The result? Mod City Mom.




About Sarah

Sarah is a passionate cook, fashionista, writer, actor, and mother. Like all actors, she ended up working at many-a-restaurant to make ends meet and shopping at countless bargain boutiques to maintain her sense of personal style. Her culinary journey, love affair with fashion, and desire to remain true to herself after becoming a mother are the inspirations for this site. Sarah lives with her husband and two sons in Chicago.

About Leah

A polymath wannabe, Leah loves books, films, music, cooking, and travel. After co-starting a writing and editing shop in 2002, Leah has spent her spare time frequenting her favorite cities, hangouts, and haunts. Her obsession with finding the new, innovative, and quirky is the impetus behind this site. Leah lives with her two sons and husband in North San Diego County.
Questions? Comments? info@modcitymom.com

Is Mod City Mom loading incorrectly? Try upgrading your browser of choice.